Enrollment in University Courses
Tuition-remission benefits are available to you. University of Arkansas Board Policy extends to full-time employees, their spouses, and dependent children educational benefits at reduced rates as follows:
All full-time employees employed as of the final day of regular registration in any particular session or semester, their spouses, and their dependent children (as defined by the Internal Revenue Service) are eligible. All enrollees must meet normal admissions requirements, and audits should be on a space available basis only.
The tuition-remission benefit is available to any employee, spouse, or dependent at any unit of the University of Arkansas regardless of the site of employment
III. Extent of Remission
1. Employees may take any combination of undergraduate or graduate (but not professional) semester credit hours during the semester and up to three undergraduate or graduate (but not professional) semester credit hours per session during the summer at a cost of $5 per credit hour at the employee’s campus or at 30% of the cost of full tuition at any other campus within the University System, subject to limitations hereinafter described.
2. Employees of the University System office, the Cooperative Extension Service, the Agricultural Experiment Stations, the UAMS Area Health Education Centers, and other widely dispersed units of the University shall designate one campus as the “employee’s campus” for purposes of this policy.
3. Spouses and dependent children may take up to 132 undergraduate semester credit hours at 50% of full tuition or registration fee at the employee’s campus or 60% of full tuition or registration fee at any other campus within the University System.
IV. Employee Enrollment and Work Assignment Responsibility
1. Enrollment at reduced rates during regular working hours will be limited to one course each semester with a maximum of five semester credit hours and a total maximum of eight semester credit hours for the regular academic year of two semesters.
2. Enrollment at reduced rates outside of regular working hours for employees shall not exceed nine semester credit hours per semester, or in aggregate with enrollment during working hours eleven semester credit hours or twenty-two semester credit hours per regular academic year of two semesters.
3. Enrollment at reduced rates shall be approved by the employee’s immediate supervisor and the chief academic officer of the site of employment.
4. This policy does not assume that release time from regular working hours will be automatically permitted.
5. Exceptions to IV A,B,C, & D may be granted by the chief operating officer of the site of employment upon recommendation of the employee’s immediate supervisor and the chief academic officer; if such exceptions are for enrollment at a unit other than the site of employment, the chief operating officer of the receiving unit, or designee, must also approve the exception.
(Universitywide Administrative Memorandum 445.1, 11/12/93)
For copies of the forms to make a request for this benefit, ask your supervisor or contact the Cashier’s Office.
Last revision 11/1995