Symplicity is the online career services data management system designed to help you. It allows you to create your profile, store documents (resume, writing sample, unofficial grade sheet, references, etc), search and apply for jobs, participate in on-campus interviews (OCIs), register for mock interviews, research employers, select a professional mentor, and schedule appointments with Dean Walker. The main navigation bar on your homepage highlights the features UALR Bowen School of Law Career Services utilizes.
New students receive a welcome letter with a password and instructions on how to log on to Symplicity in early fall. During this period only one component, the Professional Mentor Program, is activated, allowing 1Ls to sign up and participate in the program. In late October or early November, more components are activated for student use.
To use Symplicity
Go to the Bowen Symplicity student homepage.
Enter your username. This is initially your UALR email address, but may be changed to your preferred email address in the Profile section. Changing the user name requires re-confirming or changing your password. A forgotten password may be reset.
Once in Symplicity, the Student User Guide 3.1 can be found under the Resources tab located on the top bar. Highlighted below are key elements of the Student User Guide 3.1 you’ll want to explore to better understand Symplicity:
- Navigation Bar (with helpful hints)
- Useful System Key Terms
- Your Homepage
- Managing Your Documents (how to upload, add/delete documents, Opt-In Resume Book)
- Jobs – Search, View & Apply
- Networking: Professional Mentor Program
- On-campus interviews (OCIs) including how to apply, employer pre-selection process, accepting/declining after being pre-selected, and selecting an interview time
- Events, Workshops, Calendar
- Counseling Appointments