The Future Business Leaders community is a great place to begin your university life with other students who share your interest in a College of Business major. The community is intended for students considering a major in Accounting, Economics, Finance, International Business, Management, Management Information Systems, or Marketing (including Advertising/Public Relations).
Discovering Business, the College’s freshman experience course, includes introductions to all business majors, as well as opportunities to:
- Attend panel discussions with local business leaders (Lecture with the Leaders series)
- Participate in tours/visits to local corporations (job tours through the College’s Career Center)
- Meet upper level business students (through the College’s Ambassadors program)
- Start building your resume and interviewing skills (through the College’s Career Center workshops)
- Have special community-only meetings with advisors (from the College’s Academic Advising Center)
Students in the community will be enrolled in the same section of Discovering Business (BSAD 1110) in the Fall, taught by Dr. John Hall. In the Spring semester, community connections with the College of Business will continue with additional activities including social events with faculty and other business students, and a variety of sessions designed to help you choose your major and move successfully into your business degree work.
BSAD 1100 Business Perspectives
CRN 61406, Section 01
Instructor: Dr. John Hall
- Welcome in the RBUS atrium during move-in or first week of classes
- Lunch with Business Faculty
- Movie night with pizza
- Football Saturday in RBUS atriuim