General requirements for application to the Counselor Education program
- Eligibility for licensure in Arkansas or other state (GPA/test scores/criminal background check)
- Passing score on Praxis™ Core Academic Skills for Educators (Core) tests. Praxis CORE information click here. (Current licensed teachers do not need to submit test scores).
- Interview with program faculty
- Completed College of Education and Health Professions biographical data form
- current resume
An Arkansas teaching license is not required to be eligible for a school counseling position in Arkansas. A master’s degree in ’school counseling’ and a passing score on the Praxis™ Core Academic Skills for Educators (Core), Praxis PLT, and Praxis II (test 421) is required.
Minimum requirements for admission to the UALR Graduate School
Baccalareate degree from a regionally accredited institution with a cumulative GPA of 2.75 (4.0 scale)
Grade point average of at least 3.0 for the last 60 credit hours of undergraduate courses
Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution with a cumulative GPA of 3.0
To apply to the UALR Counselor Education program, complete the online application linked here.
Submit the following items to the Office of Graduate Admissions at the address listed below.
- official transcripts
- biographical data form
- copy of teaching license (if you are a teacher)
- Passing Praxis™ Core Academic Skills for Educators (Core) results if you do not have a teaching license
Graduate School Admissions
Ottenheimer Library 5th Floor
2801 S. University Ave
Little Rock, AR 72204