International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE)
National Educational Technology Standards (NETS)
The Master of Education in Learning Systems Technology (LSTE) degree program is designed to align with the National Educational Technology Standards (NETS) for Teachers and Administrators set forth by the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE).
The National Educational Technology Standards (NETS) are the standards for learning, teaching, and leading in the digital age which are widely recognized and adopted worldwide.
“The NETS set a standard of excellence and best practices in learning, teaching, and leading with technology in education. The benefits of using the NETS include:
· Improving higher-order thinking skills, such as problem solving, critical thinking and creativity
· Preparing students for their future in a competitive global job market
· Designing student-centered, project-based, and online learning environments
· Guiding systematic change in our schools to create digital places of learning
· Inspiring digital age professional models for working, collaborating, and decision making” (http://www.iste.org/standards.aspx)
For more information visit the ISTE website.