The newly established Military Student Success Center has a lounge, study area with computers, conference area, and kitchen area.
The staff consists of 2 full-time employees; Director and Assistant Director.
Director of Military Student Success
The Director of Military Student Success is Kathy Oliverio. Ms. Oliverio is a retired U.S. Air Force veteran. The Director’s duties consist of
- advising all undeclared military or veteran affiliated students (approximately 250 students),
- serving on various campus committees representing our students and their needs,
- working with military bases and local regional, state and federal entities on the needs of the military and veteran students,
- updating and maintaining the AI Portal, GOARMYED, and other military portals for tuition assistance purposes,
- serving as point of contact for the Military inquiries for UALR “Major Decisions” recruitment campaign, and
- resolving various other concerns of our military and veteran student population.
Assistant Director of Military Student Success
The Assistant Director of Military Student Success is Cheryl Kleeman. Miss Kleeman is a veteran of the U.S. Coast Guard. Miss Kleeman is the School Certifying Official for the VA and serves over 550 students per semester for their VA educational benefits. The Assistant Director’s duties consist of
- certifying enrollment,
- verifying grades and academic status,
- ensuring payment verification of VA educational benefits,
- performing other duties related to the VA educational benefits certification process, and
- reporting to local regional, state, and federal entities in regards to VA educational benefits.
Both the Director and Assistant Director are advocates for the military student population and are able to assist you with any concerns you may have about your student experience and facilitate a resolution.
VA Work Study Students
In addition to the UALR full-time staff there VA Work Study students. The VA Work Study Students assist with phone calls, emails, and verification of documentation required for certification. They are able to assist students with general questions and can provide answers to many questions you may have.
Phone: (501) 682-VETS (8387)
Fax: (501) 683-7055
Speech Building, Room 111->Click for Map
Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
University of Arkansas at Little Rock
Office of Military Student Success
2801 S. University Ave.
Little Rock, AR 72204