Five UALR students will be among those honored Friday, Oct. 26, at the League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC) annual Scholarship Banquet.
Gov. Mike Beebe will be the keynote speaker at the 5:30 p.m. event at the Arkansas Governor’s Mansion Grand Hall.
He will present certificates to scholarship recipients. The event will include live entertainment.
UALR students who will receive scholarships at the event include:
- Ricardo Alvarez of Little Rock, management major
- Jazmin Martinez of Little Rock, criminal justice major
- Elsie Reyes of Little Rock, undeclared major
- Carlos Sepulveda of Cabot, economics major
- Olga Calderon of North Little Rock, international studies major
“We would love for more people to come and support these bright students – five of whom are UALR students,” said Dr. Terry Richard-Trevino, president of LULAC Council 750 and a professor in the UALR Department of Sociology and Anthropology.
Proceeds from the scholarship banquet go directly to post-secondary education. In 25 years, LULAC Council 750 has granted more than $500,000 in scholarships.
To purchase a ticket, contact Tito Porter at 501.831.4240.