The University of Arkansas at Little Rock will present a four-night spring dance concert showcasing local dance companies, guest artists, and professional faculty and students from the Department of Theatre Arts and Dance.
The annual spring dance concert will feature neoclassical ballet, modern, and jazz choreography by the UA Little Rock dance faculty and students.
BODYWORKS 2017 will be held April 20-23 in University Theatre in the UA Little Rock Center for Performing Arts.
Performance times and dates are as follows:
- 8 p.m. Thursday, April 20
- 8 p.m. Friday, April 21
- 7 p.m. Saturday, April 22
- 2:30 p.m. Sunday, April 23
General admission tickets are $10; tickets for seniors and members of the military are $5. Tickets for UA Little Rock faculty, staff, and students are $5.
April 21 is Greek Night. All Greeks can purchase a discounted ticket for $3.
April 23 is the Department of Theatre Arts and Dance Homecoming celebration. A gathering for alumni and friends will begin at 1 p.m. in University Theatre.
Tickets can be purchased by calling the UA Little Rock Box Office at 569-3456 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday, online, or at the door.
For more information, contact Kamika Gaines, coordinator for performing arts, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 501.569.3456.
Act I will include:
- “Trip the Light Fandango” choreographed by Stephanie Thibeault with music composed by Padre Antonio Soler
- “A Time for Space” choreographed by Stephen Stone with music by Paul Dresher
- “Ethereal Gathering” choreographed by Stephanie Thibeault with music performed by the Bulgarian State Female Choir
- “Signs of Life” choreographed by Gabrielle Confer with music by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross
Act II will include:
- “. . .but it was a good day” choreographed by Samantha Johnson
- “Dear Orientation” choreographed by Samantha Johnson with music by Max Richter
- “Broadway Rhythms” choreographed by Stephen Stone with music by John Kander and Fred Ebb, Duncan Sheik and Steven Sater, Benny Andersson and Björn Ulvaeus