The course of study includes 31 credit hours in liberal arts and sciences and 30 credit hours in nursing. Transition option students enroll in NURS 1415 Nursing Role Transition, which prepares them for their roles as registered nurses (RN). Upon completion of the program, students are awarded an additional 10 credit hours in nursing for NURS 1300, NURS 1505Â and NURS 1205.
Students enter in May and complete the program the following May. NURS 1415 is offered only during the summer semester and enrollment is limited to transition option students.
The Paramedic must:
- Be a graduate of a paramedic program affiliated with an accredited college or university.
- Have a current certification from the Arkansas Department of Health as an Arkansas Paramedic and be currently registered as a paramedic with the National Registry of EMTs.
- Successfully pass the Excelsior Fundamentals of Nursing Examination.
- Submit employment verification letters with the application.
The Paramedic must:
- Be admitted to UALR with regular or conditional admission status and maintain a minimum GPA of 2.0 at UALR. Transfer students currently enrolled in other universities at the time of application will be considered for admission into the nursing program if the following documents are on file in the UALR Office of Admissions and Financial Aid:
- Completed UALR application form (UALR Admissions)
- Required immunization records
- Obtain application advising from the Department of Nursing prior to submitting an application.
- Complete the NURS 1415 prerequisite courses or course equivalents with a grade of C or greater, (See NURS 1415 course description in the course description section).
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.60 on all nursing curriculum support courses completed at the time application is made.
- Submit a completed Department of Nursing Application Form (refer to the Application Forms page). Application must be received in the nursing office between January 15 and February 28.
- Submit copies of all college transcripts, LPN/LPTN transcripts, and proof of current licensure or certification with the application.
- Complete scheduled Evolve A2 test and submit score report with the application.
Incomplete applications cannot be processed.