The Master of Education in learning systems technology online degree program prepares instructional designers and learning scientists to act in teaching and administrative roles in order to analyze problems and apply solutions for learning, including planning, preparation, implementation, evaluation, and management.
Aspects of the program include the psychology and development of diverse learners, learning resource development and application, and societal concerns pertaining to instructional technology. Graduates of this 36-hour program may apply these skills to a variety of careers in public schools, community colleges, higher education institutions, business, industry, government, military, and medical settings or facilities.
Required Courses (30 hours)
Educational Foundations Required Courses (Choose 12 hours)
Learning Systems Technology Required Courses (Choose 18 hours)
Elective Courses (6 hours)
Electives (Choose 6 hours)
Other electives require prior approval of advisor.
Students who wish to pursue this program must meet the following requirements:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on all undergraduate hours, or 3.25 GPA on the last 60 hours (including post-baccalaureate hours)
- Submit graduate school application, official transcripts, a biographical data form and two letters of recommendation to the UALR Graduate School.
- After you have completed your online application to the Graduate School, a program coordinator will evaluate your materials. Once you receive your acceptance letter, you may start the program in any semester.
Read more about the UALR Graduate School admissions process here.
This online program requires 36 credit hours and completion of a comprehensive examination or portfolio. All required courses are available online in a 17-week format.
The program goals are based on the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) Standards for Basic Endorsement in Educational Computing and Technology Literacy and the ISTE Standards for Advanced Programs in Educational Computing and Technology Leadership.
UALR is fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, affiliated with the Electronic Campus of the Southern Regional Education Board, and designated as “doctoral/research intensive” by the Carnegie Foundation.
UALR makes every effort to meet special accommodation and access needs. For information on specific accommodations for individuals with disabilities, you may contact the department sponsoring the class you wish to attend, call eLearning at 501.569.3003 or the Office of Disability Support Services at 501.569.3143. The Disability Support Services website, ualr.edu/disability/, provides information about the accommodation process and online forms to apply for services.
- Cost per credit hour: $383