International Travel

Any faculty member, staff member, or student making a trip internationally, and using university funding or carrying university owned equipment or items, must meet certain requirements before arranging or embarking on such travel.

If you are contemplating international travel, please contact our office as soon as possible to notify us of your destination and dates of travel. While exact details vary with destination, in general you should expect to tell our office the following information:

  • Your destination and dates of travel
  • Any FOAPAL for the funding used
  • A list of any equipment or items belonging to the university you plan to take with you
  • A list of any software packages and/or presentations you plan to use, demonstrate, present, or that may otherwise be viewed by foreign nationals during your travel

We will provide you with information on prohibited companies and individuals in the country(ies) you will visit, describe ways to protect your possessions and information, and make suggestions specific to the locations you are going to. If you are using university funds or equipment, we can help you fill out this form:

Please note that travel to some countries is prohibited by the US government, and other destinations may have various restrictions. You will be expected to meet all such travel rules, regulations, and requirements. The ‘Export Controls’ course on the CITI Program training site my be helpful as you prepare to travel.

Policy statement: UALR, in consideration of both new rules and regulations at the federal level concerning restricted information, and in order to protect the institution and individual from potential conflict with such rules, has established the above policy in regard to international travel.