The following policies and procedures govern the reservation and use of all facilities in the Donaghey Student Center (DSC) including meeting rooms, solicitation tables/booths, display cases, open/public areas, and dining areas. Policies and procedures of the DSC may be modified without notice. Contact the DSC Administrative Office for the most current policies and procedures. When a non-UALR Client has an event on the UALR campus that requires the use of multiple services (e.g. Housing, Dining, and the DSC), arrangements for the event should be coordinated through the Administrative Office of the DSC at (501) 569-3324.
If any food or beverages are to be served for the event scheduled, the DSC Conference Services office must be notified and arrangements for catered food services be made with the UALR Dining Services (501)569-3360. When advertising an event scheduled in the DSC, the client must reflect accurate event starting and ending times as arranged with and confirmed by the DSC.
Please adhere to the DSC policies and procedures on solicitations and postings. These policies essentially protect the facility from marks on surfaces and prevent visual disarray in the facility. It is the client’s responsibility to remove all decorations and other property of the organization immediately at the conclusion of the event. To avoid additional charges, the client should remove all decorations and property at the conclusion of the event.
Clients are encouraged to arrive at least one hour before the event to confirm that the set-up request has been completed to satisfaction. Conference Services will gladly fine-tune the set-up per arrangement at the time of reservation. Changes to the original request may result in additional labor costs. There shall be no use in any form of open flames in the DSC (e.g. candles, matches) unless given prior approval by Management. [back to top]
Reservations Policies & Procedures
Policies and procedures governing the scheduling of activities by Registered Student Organizations (RSO’s) are stated in the Student Handbook. Further policies and procedures for the DSC are as follows:
Where to make reservations?
Reservations for any room or space in the DSC and all areas immediately surrounding the DSC (including the mall area between the Diamond Area and Mail Services, Fitness & Aquatics) may be made through the DSC Conference Services Office (DSC Room 210A). The use of the area outside the DSC building must also be approved by the UALR Facilities Management department.
How far in advance?
Any form of organized meeting, gathering, solicitation, or event held in the DSC must be scheduled at the DSC Office of Conference Services at least three full business days before the day of the event. Reservations may be made at the DSC Administrative Office during regular office hours (Monday - Fridays, 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.).
In the case of a major event, a minimum advance notice of four weeks is requested. A major event is defined as an event that involves any one of the following criteria: a) involves more than 8 hrs of rental time; b) attendance of more than 200 people; or c) requires over 10 labor hours for preparation and supervision.
Who should make the reservation?
An official representative of the organization shall make all reservations. All Registered Student Organizations (RSO) are required to obtain approval signatures as indicated on the Facility Reservation Form given at the time of the reservation.
No organization may schedule a facility for the use by another organization unless the event is co-sponsored. Proof of such a partnership must be available upon request before a reservation is guaranteed.
Tentative holds on a room can be made up to one and one-half years in advance. All holds must be confirmed at least four months before the event date. Tentative holds may be taken by telephone for any group EXCEPT Registered Student Organizations. RSO’s must send a representative to the DSC to reserve facilities.
Tentative holds may be repealed if the university requires the space for special university functions or if another client is able to confirm a reservation for the said event date. The management will do its best to either prevent such occurrences or to offer alternative facilities.
Equipment & Set-up Requests
All requests for the use of tables, chairs, audio-visual equipment, staging, public address system, etc., and a desired room set-up, may be made at the Office of Conference Services at time of the reservation or no later than three (3) full days before the event. Any changes to the existing set-up must be communicated to the management three (3) full days in advance. If a client requests changes in less than three days, additional charges may be applied.
General Use Policies
The management reserves the right to allocate an appropriate room or space to match the nature of the event or activity. Facilities will be available to a client for the times reserved and reflected in the UALR Facilities Reservation form and/or the DSC Reservation Profile. If the scheduled event requires any preparation or set-up time (including set-up by the DSC staff), this must be noted in the documentation and is considered part of the reservation time.
If a reservation is granted, the University reserves the right to rescind its action if it should be determined, subsequent to the approval of the request, that the facilities involved are needed by UALR due to extraneous circumstances. All attempts will be made on the part of the DSC to prevent such a situation. The DSC will attempt to offer alternate solutions.
Clients are requested to bring along to the event a copy of the DSC Reservations Profile and/or signed UALR Facilities Reservation Form.
In an attempt to make DSC facilities available to as many users as possible, tentative holds, confirmations that result in cancellations, or no shows may be charged additional fees or restricted in future reservations.
If a client cancels a tentative hold or confirmed reservation one month or later before the date of a solicitation table or facility in the DSC for a total of three times during a period of 6 months, the client will forfeit the right to advance reserve any facility in the DSC for a period of six months from the date following the third event date canceled. During this period the client may use an available facility upon request three (3) days prior to the event. In the event of a late cancellation or “no-shows,” the policy for “no-shows” will take effect and be counted as part of the allowance of three times before the above mentioned sanction is enforced. [back to top]
Cancellations, No-Shows & Non-Confirmations
Clients must notify the Administrative Office of a cancellation at least 5 full business days in advance of the day of the scheduled event to avoid the cancellation penalties. Refer to section titled Billing Information for costs incurred due to late cancellations or no-shows. A re-confirmation by each customer is REQUIRED 24 hours prior to the start of each reservation for the Donaghey Student Center, Student Services Auditorium, and the Coleman Recreation Complex. Failure to comply may result in assumed cancellation.[back to top]
Steps to Reserving a Facility
A tentative hold on a facility may be made with the DSC in accordance with stated policies and procedures. A tentative hold must be confirmed using the following procedures:
For UALR Registered Student Organizations
- Visit or email the DSC Conference Services office to reserve the facility. A DSC Reservation Profile will be completed during the visit. A temporary hold is placed on the facility pending a completed UALR Facilities Reservation form.
- A DSC Conference Service representative signs the UALR Facilities Reservation form for Facility Manager (signature #1). DSC does not retain a copy of the form yet.
- Secure signature #2 (Student Organization Advisor) on the UALR Facilities Reservation form. A copy of the form is not retained.
- Secure signature #3 (Student Activities or Dean of Students) on the UALR Facilities Reservation form. A copy of the form is not retained yet.
- Secure signature #4 (Conference Services) on the UALR Facilities Reservation form. Client is provided the pink copy; white (original to DSC Conference Services); yellow (to Student Activities or Dean of Students); gold (to DSC or other facility manager).
- The DSC reservation is consummated.
For UALR Departments
- Visit, call, or email the DSC Administrative Office (email@example.com) to reserve the facility. A DSC Reservation Profile will be completed during the visit.
- An email confirmation is then sent to the requester to consummate the reservation.
- Conference Services notifies all relevant departments (Information & Call Center, Environmental Services, Fitness & Aquatic Center, Security) that the event has been scheduled in the DSC.
For Non-UALR Clients
- Visit or call the DSC Conference Services to reserve the facility. A DSC Reservation Profile will be completed during the visit.
- If the event scheduled is in conflict with the interests or policies of UALR, further approvals may be necessary. Otherwise the reservation is consummated at the DSC. [back to top]
The scheduling of events and activities is done on a first-come, first-serve basis according to the established scheduling priorities. The following priority shall apply in the reservation and scheduling of DSC facilities. Once reservations are confirmed to a client, it shall be honored by the DSC, unless the facility is needed by UALR for extraneous circumstances.
- Priority 1: DSC events and activities, UALR Registered Student Organizations, Student Activities published events, and Leisure Science classes.
- Priority 2: UALR colleges or schools, departments, Intercollegiate Athletics, and other organizational units of the university.
- Priority 3: UALR organizations composed exclusively of faculty and/or staff.
- Priority 4: Organizations which exist solely for the benefit of the university which do not fit Priorities 1 - 3.
- Priority 5: Groups or organizations not affiliated with UALR.
With the exception of any applicable Leisure Science classes (as per arrangement with the management), academic classes, lectures, laboratories, tests, or any type of class for credit or non-credit may NOT be scheduled in the DSC. DSC management reserves the right to provide exceptions for unique cases. [back to top]