Dr. Charles W. Donaldson Summer Bridge Academy
The academy is a three-week residential program aimed at preparing incoming freshmen for college-level work by eliminating the need for them to take remedial math and English courses.
Students who attend will:
- Save $1000 by eliminating remedial math and English courses.
- Earn a $200 stipend while learning and having fun.
- Get FREE room & board in University Housing.
- Attend motivational workshops, special events, and fun activities
- Build long-lasting relationships with faculty, staff, peers and mentors.
Why Attend theÂ Summer Bridge Academy
The academy set record numbers in its pilot phase this summer. Out of 44 students, 11Â becameÂ eligible for honors composition, 38Â bypassed developmental math with an average math score increase of 20 points, almost 80 percent bypassed developmental composition, and 50Â percent bypassed developmental reading.Â Read more about the Academy atÂ Pilot program shows remediation rates can make significant improvements.
Apply to attendÂ Summer Bridge Academy
Selected students must be admitted to the university and prepared to spend three weeks in an academically intensive learning environment. Parents/guardians must agree to attend the Parent Information Session at noon Sunday, July 13.Â Â Students will be required to stay in residence for the full three weeks, including weekends.
Registration is now open. To enroll in the program, please complete theÂ 2014Â Summer Bridge Academy Application.