Dr. Charles W. Donaldson Summer Bridge Academy
The academy is a three-week residential program aimed at preparing incoming freshmen for college-level work by eliminating the need for them to take remedial math and English courses.
Students who attend will:
- Save $1000 by eliminating remedial math and English courses.
- Earn a $200 stipend while learning and having fun.
- Get FREE room & board in University Housing.
- Attend motivational workshops, special events, and fun activities
- Build long-lasting relationships with faculty, staff, peers and mentors.
Why Attend the¬†Summer Bridge Academy
The academy set record numbers in its pilot phase this summer. Out of 44 students, 11¬†became¬†eligible for honors composition, 38¬†bypassed developmental math with an average math score increase of 20 points, almost 80 percent bypassed developmental composition, and 50¬†percent bypassed developmental reading.¬†Read more about the Academy at¬†Pilot program shows remediation rates can make significant improvements.
Apply to attend¬†Summer Bridge Academy
Selected students must be admitted to the university and prepared to spend three weeks in an academically intensive learning environment. Parents/guardians must agree to attend the Parent Information Session at noon Sunday, July 13.¬†¬†Students will be required to stay in residence for the full three weeks, including weekends.
Registration is now open. To enroll in the program, please complete the¬†2014¬†Summer Bridge Academy Application.