Request for Authorization of Travel Expenses (TA)

Request for Authorization of Travel Expenses (TA)

University policy states that employees traveling on behalf of UA Little Rock should have an approved Request for Authorization of Travel Expenses (TA) on file. This authorization will also include any “estimated” expenses that will be incurred while traveling. Travel expense reimbursements will not be issued unless a TA is on file.

The following Account codes are related to travel and should be used in the FOAPAL line when completing the Request for Authorization of Travel Expenses:

740100 – Hotel/Meals
740200​ – Mileage
740300 – Airfare
740400 – Car Rental
740500 – Guest of State (GOS)/Students
740600 – Registration Fees
740900 – Public: Taxi/Other/Parking

When traveling on official business, employees are covered under the university’s travel accident insurance policy as long as a TA form is on file. Even if the employee does not intend to claim expenses for reimbursement, the TA form must be completed and the box “No Cost – UA Little Rock  Insurance Only” should be checked. Travel accident insurance only covers employees during actual time while operating a vehicle on official business.

Students traveling on behalf of the university must abide by the Travel for Students Representing UA Little Rock – Policy #309.5. Pursuant to said policy, an approved Class Trip Authorization must be on file, with student travel insurance purchased when applicable. If the student will be reimbursed for travel expenses, a TA form must also be completed and approved through Procurement Services. Before a student’s TA is approved, Procurement Services will verify with the Office of Finance and Administration that the Class Trip Authorization has been approved and is on file.

In addition, any employee, student, or guest of state operating a motor vehicle on official business or a sponsored trip (personal, university, or rental vehicle), must be age 18 or older and complete an Authorization to Operate a Motor Vehicle form. This form acts as a release to permit UA Little Rock to check the driving record, and anyone found to have an unacceptable record will not be allowed to drive.

TA’s should be submitted to Procurement Services for approval. A copy will be returned to the traveler once an Authorization Number has been assigned.

Please contact Antionette Harper at or 501.569.3431 or Sandra Phillips at or 501.537-0053 if you have any questions about completing this form or travel procedures.

Reminder: After return of the trip, the Travel Reimbursement Form (TR-1) must be submitted to Accounts Payable within 5 working days.