Skip to the page content Skip to primary navigation Skip to the search form Skip to the audience-based navigation Skip to the site tools and log-in Information about website accessibility

University of Arkansas at Little Rock

Law student 1 of only 3 in nation to receive Diversity Scholarship

A third-year law student at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock William H. Bowen School of Law is one of only three in the nation to receive the Baker Donelson Diversity Scholarship from the Memphis-based firm of Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz.

In addition to receiving a $10,000 scholarship, Devon Daughety will work as a summer associate in the firm’s Memphis office next year.Devon Daughety

The scholarship was established to foster an inclusive environment where individual differences are understood, respected and appreciated.

“This is a wonderful opportunity for Devon,” said Dianna L. Kinsey, assistant dean for Career Services at the law school. “We are proud to have her represent us.”

The Baker Donelson firm has 19 offices throughout the southern United States, an office in Washington, D.C., and an office in London (U.K.). The firm represents a wide variety of clients in primarily civil cases and transactional law.

“I am humbled and moved by this honor, and I will do my best to represent Bowen well,” Daughety said.

“I also want to express my deep appreciation for my family, classmates, and professors. I especially appreciate Professor (Theresa) Beiner and Dean Kinsey for their efforts on my behalf.”