The Phyllis A. Keltner Foundation for Women Scholarship gives single parents with a dependent child or children an incredible opportunity at UA Little Rock to overcome some of the many financial hurdles in getting a college education and provide secure futures for their families.
The scholarship covers the cost of tuition and fees up to 12 hours of enrollment, plus books and supplies up to $300 per semester. Recipients may enroll in more than 12 hours per semester but will be responsible for paying the additional charges. The scholarship is adjusted based on each recipient’s actual enrollment. Scholarships may be renewed, but students must reapply each year.
Applicants must meet the following criteria for consideration:
- Currently enrolled as a non-traditional undergraduate student at UA Little Rock
- Be a single parent and primary custodian of a dependent child or children
- Demonstrate academic accomplishment
- Complete a 2024-25 FAFSA to demonstrate financial need before March 1st
- Complete a written narrative
- Provide legal documentation to show proof of primary custody
(Examples: divorce decree, birth certificate, death certificate, sworn affidavit)
The Phyllis A. Keltner Foundation for Women Scholarship application is below. The application and documents must be submitted to the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships no later than March 1st each year.
The 2024-2025 application is available here by printing and completing the 2024- 2025 Phyllis A. Keltner Scholarship Application.
Please email the application, narrative, and supporting documents to email@example.com. You can also mail it to the following address.
UA Little Rock Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships
Student Services Center Room 219
2801 S. University Ave
Little Rock, AR 72204-1099