|University of Arkansas at Little Rock|
|Policy Name: New Construction|
|Policy Number: 704.5|
|Effective Date: September 7, 1982|
- The following officers are directly concerned with architectural planning, campus planning, utility project planning and planning for major remodeling for all campuses of the University of Arkansas System.
- Vice President for Finance and Administration
- Director of Facilities Planning and Construction
- General Counsel
- The Director of Facilities Planning and Construction is the planning coordinator for the University System in architectural planning, campus planning, utility project planning (with the exception of utility expansion projects, which is the responsibility of the Directors of Physical Plants), demolition, major remodeling, interior design, and landscape design. Through him all duly appointed University personnel and planning committees shall coordinate their work for each respective campus of the University System.
- The Director of Facilities Planning and Construction shall assist all administrative officers in long-range facilities planning for each campus.
- He shall develop System policy regarding campus planning, architectural design, interior design, landscape design, building code compliance, and construction standards, utilizing input from appropriate administrators of each campus.
- He shall counsel with appropriate University administrators in the selection of architects and project consultants (with the exception of utility expansion projects) for recommendation to the President.
- He shall prepare professional services contracts with the assistance of the General Counsel for submission to the Vice President for Finance and Administration.
- He shall coordinate planning for all projects (with the exception of utility expansion projects) through the initial planning phase, the schematic design phase, the final design and specification phase, the acceptance of bids and award of the construction contract.
- He shall provide a set of plans for the Director of Physical Plant of the campus or vice President for Agriculture for which the project is being planned, and shall allow a minimum of two weeks for his review prior to the time the project is advertised for bids. Upon award of the construction contract the responsibility for construction management and inspection shall be transferred to the Chief Fiscal Officer for the respective campus.
- All change orders must be approved by the Vice President for Finance and Administration.
- Each campus shall have the responsibility for construction management and inspection. Procedures for this should be developed by each campus with a copy to the Vice President for Finance and Administration.
- The General Counsel, upon request, will furnish an updated title opinion on land under consideration as a site for construction or utility expansion.
Source: University-wide Administrative Memo 710.1, November 17, 1975
Revised: September 7, 1982
Approved By: Dr. G. Robert Ross, Nov. 17, 1975
Custodian: Office of Finance & Administration