Bicycles on Campus - 513.1
|University of Arkansas at Little Rock|
|Policy Name: Bicycles on Campus|
|Policy Number: 513.1|
|Effective Date: April 1, 2010|
This Policy’s use of the term “bicycle” is understood to include bicycles, roller skates, in-line skates, scooters, skateboards, and other non-motorized vehicles inclusively.
- Every person operating a bicycle on campus shall do so in accordance with the traffic control devices and rules of the road that are applicable to motor vehicles under Arkansas law.
- No person shall operate any bicycle except on established roadways, parking areas, or bicycle paths.
- When a bicycle crosses a pathway for pedestrian travel or a marked pedestrian crossway, the operator shall yield the right-of-way to any pedestrian within the areas specified.
- No person shall park a bicycle in any manner that will impede pedestrian or vehicle movement. Prohibited areas include inside buildings, hallways, walkways, ramps, etc.
- If a bicycle is parked in an unauthorized space or manner, DPS may immobilize the bicycle by lock and chain. A notice will be placed on the bicycle instructing the operator to report to DPS.
- A bicycle may be impounded if it is parked in an unauthorized space or manner or it has been abandoned.
- DPS will not be responsible for bicycle locks that may be destroyed in the impoundment process.
- Any impounded bicycle not claimed within sixty (60) days shall be considered abandoned and shall be disposed of by the University as abandoned property.
- Any person whose actions result in a violation of this code will be issued a violation ticket.
- Alleged violators of this code have the same avenue of appeal as an operator of a motor vehicle.
- UALR reserves the right to change these regulations and to add, remove, or reallocate parking areas as the need arises.
- UALR DPS is vested with the powers, duties, and jurisdiction to administer and enforce this code.
Source: UALR Student Handbook 2009
Approved By: UALR Department of Public Safety
Custodian: UALR DPS