Arkansas Science Olympiad
Welcome to the official webpages of Arkansas Science Olympiad. Science Olympiad is a nationwide organization dedicated to promoting science education through conducting competitive science tournaments. As part of the Science Olympiad organization, Arkansas Science Olympiad is dedicated to inspiring a passion for science by providing hands-on activities, stimulating a creative atmosphere for science and technology education, and hosting tournaments in which student can showcase their skills. Arkansas Science Olympiad also has professional development opportunities for teachers and educators.
For over 30 years, Science Olympiad has led a revolution in science education. What began as a grassroots assembly of science teachers is now one of the premiere science competitions in the nation, providing rigorous, standards-based challenges to nearly 7,000 teams in 50 states. Science Olympiad’s ever-changing line-up of events in all STEM disciplines exposes students to practicing scientists and career choices, and energizes classroom teachers with a dynamic content experience.
Schedule of events for 2016-2017
- Coaches/Teachers Workshop – October 15, 2016, University of Arkansas at Little Rock
- Event Supervisor Workshop – February 4, 2017, University of Arkansas at Little Rock
- Northwest Invitational – Northwest Arkansas Community College, February 25, 2017. <- Updated
- Northeast Invitational – Date and Venue TBA
- Central Invitational – Date and Venue TBA
- Opening Ceremony for State Tournament – April 14, 2017, University of Arkansas at Little Rock
- State Tournament – April 15, 2017, University of Arkansas at Little Rock
(Video courtesy of Wisconsin-Madison College of Engineering engr.wisc.edu/)