The law library will provide you with copies of legal material you request. The staff will not perform the research for you or give legal advice. General knowledge research requests will not be answered.
Copies will only be sent if you provide us with:
- the correct title of the book
- the volume number
- the page numbers.
If a statute is requested, you must provide:
- the state in which the statute is effective
- the chapter or title of the section
- a section number.
If you have any other helpful information, such as dates and/or names of the plaintiffs or defendants, please provide that as well. No effort will be made to fix incorrect citations or to guess at what you intended to request.
Once your request is received, we will count the number of pages you requested and reply to you in writing with the amount charged for these copies.
- Pages requested will not be sent without payment.
- Payments by certified check or money order will result in faster delivery
- Payment by personal check will mean that delivery is delayed until the check clears your bank.
- Cash payments are not recommended.
Once payment is received, we will mail the requested documents to you.