Degrees and Certificates Offered
Gainful Employment Disclosure
Federal regulations require UALR to disclose specific information about any non-degree program that is approved for Title IV federal financial aid. Currently, this certificate is eligible for federal financial aid. Find out more »
Program Coordinator Contact Information
Dr. Rosalie Otters, Ph.D., MSW, D.Min. (LCSW)
- The certificate may be completed in conjunction with the MSW or any other graduate degree.
- Students already enrolled in another graduate program should also apply to the Gerontology certificate program.
- MSW students may use the courses taken in the certificate program for their required electives.
- Students in other graduate programs will need to submit the courses for acceptance as electives to their departments.
- UALR policy allows up to 12 hours of graduate credit to be applied toward joint degrees.
- Students not in a graduate program but wishing to obtain a certificate should apply to the UALR Graduate School and select the Gerontology certificate.
- An overall GPA of 2.75 or a GPA of 3.0 in the last 60 hours and proof of immunization are required for regular admittance into the certificate program.
- Applicants with a GPA between 2.0-2.69, at least 5 years of relevant experience, and/or passage of select rigorous professional certification/licensing exams such as, but not limited to, the LSW or LMSW in social work or some nursing exams, may be accepted as special conditional students on a case-by-case basis
- Once accepted, students must maintain a 3.0 GPA to remain in the program.
See website for more information