UA Little Rock offers both academic and non-academic graduate assistantships to qualified students.
Students interested in a graduate assistantship should contact their program coordinator to learn about available positions and application procedures. Because assistantships are competitive and limited in number, interested students should talk with their coordinator about opportunities as early as possible. If a position in an academic department is available, interested students should correspond with the specific department to submit the required application materials.
Some non-academic departments on campus may have GA positions. To be considered for any of the non-academic positions, students must apply directly to the department and submit any required application materials to that department.
The Graduate School does not collect students’ information to distribute to either academic or non-academic departments.
Available Graduate Assistant Positions
Graduate Hall Director
The Office of Campus Living at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock is seeking qualified candidates for our Graduate Hall Director positions for the academic year. The Graduate Hall Director will be responsible for the leadership and supervision of student staff members and residents in a Residence Hall facility. Interested candidates must be in the process or currently admitted into a graduate degree program at UA Little Rock. Desired start time will be the third week in July. To apply please send a Cover Letter and Resume for consideration to Dr. Nechele McClinton at email@example.com.
University and Department Overview:
The University of Arkansas at Little Rock has the capacity for an on-campus residential population of approximately 1,000 students at a campus with an enrollment of over 11,000 undergraduate and graduate students. UA Little Rock is situated in the heart of Arkansas and is the state’s only metropolitan university. As the largest city in Arkansas with a population of nearly 200,000 people, Little Rock certainly offers a variety of attractions such as performing arts, museums, fine dining, and historical sites to visit.
- Train and supervise a staff of Resident Assistants (RAs) and student workers
- Conduct bi-weekly individual meetings with RAs to develop and discuss goals
- Serve in an On-Call rotation
- Enforce Campus Living and University policies
- Coordinate and provide oversight of front desk/customer service experience
- Assist RAs in designing and implement programming efforts that relate to the Campus Living Residential Curriculum guidelines
- Maintain set office hours each week (20 hours total that you set yourself) Monday-Friday
- Attend to evening and weekend commitments such as staff meetings and programs
- Respond to judicial incidents and policy violations in your assigned hall and adjudicate appropriately and consistently
- Assist in the opening and closing of the residence halls and complexes
- Provide support and assistance for department initiatives, processes, emergencies, and events
- Work with the Assistant Director and Area Coordinator to design, facilitate, and evaluate student staff training and selection
- Attend scheduled meetings with student staff and professional staff
- Maintain all records for assigned area
- Serve as a positive role model for residents, RAs, and other student staff
- Other aspects of the job that are unable to be anticipated at this time
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Regular Admission to a graduate degree program at UA Little Rock
- Undergraduate residence life and/or leadership experience
- Minimum of a 3.0 GPA
- Enrollment in 9 credit hours
- Send Cover Letter and Resume for consideration to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Completely furnished one or two bedroom apartment including laundry amenities (Pets allowed)
- Tuition scholarship for 9 hours per semester (does not include student fees)
- Dining meal plan while classes are in session – Meal plan described as Block 40
- Competitive 10-month stipend approximately $8,500 (additional employment is available during the summer)
Dr. Nechele McClinton
Assistant Director of Campus Living