The University of Arkansas at Little Rock (UA Little Rock) is committed to ensuring students’ academic success. The Higher Education Act of 1965 as amended requires UA Little Rock to establish a policy that will enforce academic progress standards to ensure students receiving federal financial aid are making timely progress to complete their intended program of study.
2023-2024 Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy
Effective Fall 2023, Spring 2024, and Summer 2024
2022-2023 Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy
Effective Fall 2022, Spring 2023, and Summer 2023
Policy in effect beginning Fall 2021
- Academic records for all students will be reviewed annually, following the conclusion of the spring semester, to confirm that students are making satisfactory academic progress, also referred to as SAP.
- Records will be reviewed for any student with enrollment during the review period.
- In order to meet the conditions for SAP, a student must meet the minimum requirements for all three academic progress standards (pace of progression, maximum time frame and cumulative grade point average/GPA) at the time of evaluation.
- If a student fails to meet the minimum SAP standards, all future federal financial aid will be canceled. No warning status will be given.
- Federal financial aid recipients will be notified if academic progress standards are not met.