Vehicle Accidents & Breakdowns
In the event of a vehicle accident or breakdown, please abide by the following procedures:
- In the event of an accident, contact 911 immediately to report the accident to the proper authorities and to file a police report. Then contact the university’s insurance provider with information on the card located in the vehicle’s glove compartment.
- If the accident occurred during business hours, contact the Facilities Management Operations and Services Center at 501.569.3390; otherwise, call the Department of Public Safety (DPS) at 501.569.3400. DPS will connect you to the appropriate personnel for further assistance and instructions.
- Upon returning to UALR after a vehicle accident, complete a Motor Vehicle Accident report, and submit it to the Operations and Services Center (FM 220).
- If towing is required, services are available through WEX Fleet Card Services. Call the number located on the back of the provided WEX Fleet card for customer service, and they will locate a service to assist you. Please note that WEX Fleet Card Services only covers the following services: towing of UALR vehicle, brake/muffler, lube, road side assistance, car wash, parts, tires, glass, repair/body shop, and transmission.
- If your UALR vehicle breaks down to where there is a need for a rental vehicle, please contact Enterprise as UALR has a state contract with them. Please refer to your department’s policy on how to pay for this service.
- If you require a hotel rental due to a vehicle accident or breakdown, please refer to your department’s policy on how to pay for this service.
- If you are in need of services that are not covered by the WEX Fleet Card Services and are at least 100 miles from UALR, please call Unum Assist America at 1.800.872.1414. If you are less than 100 miles from UALR and need services that aren’t covered by WEX Fleet Card Services, please refer to your department’s policy on how to pay for these services.