ISS strongly encourages all new international students receive required immunizations before they arrive.
In compliance with Arkansas state law, the University of Arkansas at Little Rock requires all students born after Jan. 1, 1957, to provide proof of two (2) MMR(Measles/Mumps/Rubella) vaccines.Â These vaccines must have been administered after the first birthday after Jan. 1, 1968.
Proof of the following will be accepted as compliant to the immunization requirements and two MMRs will not be required.
- Two (2) measles vaccines administered before Jan. 1, 2010, but after the first birthday and after Jan.Â 1, 1968, and
- One (1) mumps vaccine administered before Jan.Â 1, 2010, but after the first birthday and after Jan.Â 1, 1968, and
- One (1) rubella vaccine administered before Jan.Â 1, 2010, but after the first birthday and after Jan.Â 1, 1968
â€śProofâ€ť of immunization is defined as:
- an immunization record which is signed by a licensed medical professional and reflects the name of the immunization as well as the day, month, and year it was given.
- an original letter from your doctor documenting the immunization as well as the day, month, and year it was given (Terms such as â€śup-to-date,â€ť â€ścomplete,â€ť â€śadequate,â€ť etc. cannot be accepted as proof of immunization).
- an International Student Immunization Form signed by your doctor.
There are certain conditions under which a student should not receive the MMR vaccine(s).Â See â€śConditionsâ€ť on the student immunization form.Â If any of the conditions apply to you, have your doctor indicate which conditions(s) apply, then sign, date, and complete the bottom section of the form.
In lieu of proof of immunization, an individual may provide documented evidence of immunity by submitting serological test results which reveal immunity to measles, mumps, and rubella.Â A copy of the test results will be submitted to the Arkansas Department of Health for approval of exemption.Â Call UALR Health Services at 501.569.3188 for more information.
Proof that a student was born prior to Jan. 1, 1957, will also be accepted in lieu of receiving the vaccines.
Please send all documentation of immunization, immunity, or exemption to the following address:
Office of International Student Services
University of Arkansas at Little Rock
2801 South University Avenue
Little Rock, ARÂ 72204
For individuals unable to provide necessary documentation, MMR vaccines are available at UALR Health Services.Â Â Beginning with the Fall 2011 semester, the cost will be $50 per vaccine.Â If needed, please call Health Services at 501.569.3188 to set up an appointment.
Immunizations at UALR must be paid for at the Cashierâ€™s Office located in the Student Services Center.Â Receipt of payment must be given to Health Services, located in the Donaghey Student Center, Suite 102, on the day of your appointment.
For more information, please contact the Office of International Student Services at 501.683.7566 or Health Services at 501.569.3188.