In addition to a full-time, professional residence hall director with specially trained resident assistants and community advisors living within student housing, there are a number of security features including:
- Card access controlled exterior entrance doors
- Gated, card access-controlled parking for residents
- Room door lock is changed for lost keys
- Surveillance cameras throughout the building
- Wide angle viewer in suite entry door
- Blue light emergency phones
- Regular patrols inside and outside student housing by Department of Public Safety (DPS) police officers and security officers
- Safety awareness programs
- Reception desk staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days per week
Additional safety precautions:
- Make a habit of keeping your doors locked. Lock your doors when sleeping or when leaving a roommate asleep inside.
- Do not leave valuables in open view. Take valuables home during vacation.
- Never prop open doors.
- Never allow unknown persons to enter your room.
- Report suspicious individuals to DPS.
- Require identification and authorization from maintenance staff requesting access to your room.
- Report all doors, locks, and windows that are in need of repair to the residence hall staff.
- Be suspicious of unknown persons loitering or checking doors in your hall, and call DPS at 569-3400.
- Backpacks, purses, book bags, etc. should never be left unattended.