You may now schedule your Spring 2021 Advising appointment here: Schedule An Advising Appointment.
Virtual Advising appointments for the Regular Advising season are available October 5 – November 20, 2020.
Please review our Advising Procedures to be sure you are ready for the next step after you schedule your appointment.
NOTE: Registration for Spring 2021 does not begin until October 26 and select grade levels have different dates. Review the Academic Calendar here.
The Department of Psychology is committed to preparing undergraduate students for professional work and further graduate education.
Students receiving a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology will leave the program able to:
- Understand how psychological principles apply to behavioral problems
- Engage in scientific reasoning, problem-solving skills, and effective research methods
- Understand ethically and socially responsible behaviors for professional and personal settings in a landscape of increasing diversity
- Demonstrate competence in writing, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Apply psychological content and skills to career goals
The Chair of the Department is Dr. Elisabeth Sherwin.
If you are interested in discussing Psychology as a Major, call us at (501) 569-3171, or email the Department Chair Dr. Sherwin at firstname.lastname@example.org.