The Department of Psychology offers advising appointments during the designated advising period. The Fall 2018 advising season is from October 10th until November 16th.
Follow the steps below to meet with an adviser, get your advising flag raised, and sign up for classes when Spring Registration opens in November.
- Review the Department of Psychology Degree Requirements and your Degree Plan.
- Click here to schedule an appointment.
- Use the Class Search to complete one of the following forms before your appointment:
- In-person advising: Advising form. Bring this completed form to your appointment or email it to the adviser.
- Phone advising: Advising form must be completed before the scheduled appointment.
- Phone advising appointments are offered by Dr. Sherwin.
- Phone advising is only available to students already in the online-campus and those taking only online classes this semester.
Prepare for your appointment. Be familiar with the required course work and recommended sequence of courses for the Psychology major.
Resources for selecting courses include:
- CORE Curriculum Requirements
- Psychology Major Requirements
- Academic Minor Requirements
- Second Language Proficiency (up to 2000 intermediate-level)
- UA Little Rock Registration Guide
Freshman or 0-29 hours
Concentrate on completing the core. RHET 1311 is required before you can take the first Psychology class and College Algebra or College Math is required before you can take the first Statistics course. Click here for more information about advising for undergraduates.
Sophomore or 30-59 hours
If you have taken RHET 1311 and College Algebra or College Math, you are ready to take Psychology 2300 and PSYC 3335 (Statistics and Methods 1). In your second semester you are ready to take PSYC 3342 (Statistics and Methods 2) and PSYC 3320 (Applied Psychology).
Junior or 60-89 hours
Finish any of the above courses that you have left to complete. Take a course from the following groups:
One course from:
- PSYC 3341 Research Methods I
- PSYC 3350 Social Psychology
- PSYC 3356 Developmental Psychology
- PSYC 3360 Abnormal Psychology
- PSYC 3330 Health Psychology
One course from:
- PSYC 3370 Industrial Psychology
- PSYC 3375 Consumer Psychology
- PSYC 4325 Personnel Psychology
- PSYC 4363 Organizational Psychology
In addition, take 3 upper level hours of an elective in psychology.
Senior or 90-124 hours
Finish any of the above courses you have not completed.
In your first semester take one course from:
- PSYC 3305 Sensation and Perception
- PSYC 3380 Cognitive Psychology
- PSYC 4320 Physiological Psychology
- PSYC 4300 Learning and Memory
In your second semester take:
- PSYC 4100 Senior Synthesis
- 3 upper level hours of an elective in psychology