Advising appointments are held on the 5th & 6th floors of Stabler Hall.
How to Get Advised
Click on the “Schedule an Advising Appointment“ link on the main menu. If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, email the faculty member or call (501) 569-3171.
Students MUST schedule their appointments online. Faculty and office administrators are not able to make appointments for students. If you are having technical troubles, you may use the computers offered at the Ottenheimer library or the Link to schedule your appointment.
Prepare for your appointment. Be familiar with the recommended sequence of courses for the Psychology major.
- Find the classes you will be taking the following semester at the following sites:
- Write down the classes you want to take and make sure they fit into your schedule by using the UA Little Rock Class Search
- If necessary, visit the UA Little Rock Registration Guide
Freshman or 0-29 hours
Concentrate on completing the core. RHET 1311 is required before you can take the first Psychology class and College Algebra or College Math is required before you can take the first Statistics course. Click here for more information about advising for undergraduates.
Sophomore or 30-59 hours
If you have taken RHET 1311 and College Algebra or College Math, you are ready to take Psychology 2300 and PSYC 3335 (Statistics and Methods 1). In your second semester you are ready to take PSYC 3342 (Statistics and Methods 2) and PSYC 3320 (Applied Psychology).
Junior or 60-89 hours
Finish any of the above courses that you have left to complete. Take a course from the following groups:
One course from:
- PSYC 3341 Research Methods I
- PSYC 3350 Social Psychology
- PSYC 3356 Developmental Psychology
- PSYC 3360 Abnormal Psychology
- PSYC 3330 Health Psychology
One course from:
- PSYC 3370 Industrial Psychology
- PSYC 3375 Consumer Psychology
- PSYC 4325 Personnel Psychology
- PSYC 4363 Organizational Psychology
In addition, take 3 upper level hours of an elective in psychology.
Senior or 90-124 hours
Finish any of the above courses you have not completed.
In your first semester take one course from:
- PSYC 3305 Sensation and Perception
- PSYC 3380 Cognitive Psychology
- PSYC 4320 Physiological Psychology
- PSYC 4300 Learning and Memory
In your second semester take:
- PSYC 4100 Senior Synthesis
- 3 upper level hours of an elective in psychology