Requirements for a B.A. in Psychology
Effective Fall 2019
- Students will be required to take only Statistics and Methods 1 and Research Methods 1.
- Statistics and Methods 2 will no longer be a requirement. Note: Degree plans in BOSS may not reflect this change.
- Statistics and Methods 1 will go from a 3-credit course to a 4-credit course. It will now be PSYC 3435
- Senior Synthesis (PSYC 4100) is transformed into Capstone (PSYC 4392). It will go from a 1 credit course to a 3-credit course.
- Effective Fall 2020, (PSYC 3431) Research Methods will be a prerequisite for the course.
- Some students may be required to take 1 more upper level course in Psychology to reach the required 34 hours.
- If PSYC 2340 or PSYC 3335 is taken after Fall 2019, it will not be accepted towards your Psychology degree.
- PSYC 3435: Students must pass both the lab and the course in order to receive credit for PSYC 3435. If either is failed, then both will need to be repeated.
- PSYC 3335: This course is only for non-Psychology majors. It does not fulfill the requirements for the major or the minor.
- Print Off Schedule Curricular Changes