The Department of Psychology is part of the College of Social Sciences and Communication. We are committed to preparing undergraduate students for professional work or further graduate education.
Students receiving a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology will leave the program able to:
- Understand how psychological principles apply to behavioral problems
- Engage in scientific reasoning, problem solving skills, and effective research methods
- Understand ethically and socially responsible behaviors for professional and personal settings in a landscape of increasing diversity
- Demonstrate competence in writing, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Apply psychological content and skills to career goals
The Chair of the Department is Dr. Elisabeth Sherwin.
If you are interested in Psychology as a Major, visit us on the 6th floor of Stabler Hall in room 602, call us at (501) 569-3171, or email Dr. Sherwin at firstname.lastname@example.org.