The Department of Psychology strives for excellence in teaching, scholarship, and service. We apply psychological knowledge, skills, and tools to further the understanding of human behavior by using the scientific method for the benefit of our students, the UA Little Rock campus community, and the citizens of the state of Arkansas.
GOAL 1: KNOWLEDGE BASE
- Develop a working knowledge of psychology’s content domains
- Describe applications of psychology
GOAL 2: SCIENTIFIC INQUIRY & CRITICAL THINKING
- Demonstrate psychology information literacy
- Engage in integrative thinking and problem solving
- Interpret, design and/or conduct psychological research based on the scientific method
GOAL 3: ETHICAL & SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY IN A DIVERSE WORLD
- Apply ethical standards to evaluate psychological science and practice
- Incorporate sociocultural factors in scientific inquiry addressing issues at local, national, and global levels.
GOAL 4: COMMUNICATION GOAL
- Demonstrate effective writing for different purposes
- Exhibit effective presentation skills for different purposes
GOAL 5: PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Apply psychological content and skills to career goals