The mission of the Office of Transfer Student Services is to smooth the transition to campus for UA Little Rock’s rich diversity of in-bound students. We provide dynamic student service to meet the transfer credit evaluation needs of prospective, new, continuing, and current UA Little Rock in-transfer students. Our main goal is to make transferring to UA Little Rock easier for students to accomplish and the transfer process easier to understand. We provide a friendly starting place for transfer students to connect with essential information and resources.
How Does OTSS Serve Students?
- By making transfer articulation and transcript evaluation accurate and efficient.
- Working with key campus partners (Admissions, Records, and Academic Advising) to streamline credit adjustment.
- Making transfer credit evaluation accessible to everyone:
- Since July 2009, OTSS has provided intensive advising to UALR students in-transfer to and from 22 in-state two year colleges, 10 in-state four year colleges, and hundreds of out of state colleges.
- OTSS provides on-the-fly advice as well as research and training for all campus advisors with transfer policy or procedure questions.
- Secured campus wide access to TES college source for all campus advisors and student services offices. This resource provides at-your-fingertips college catalogs and course descriptions.
- By serving as an advocate for transfer students on campus,proposing policies/procedures that are transfer friendly.
- By serving as a liaison and trouble-shooter for transfer students.