International students, or a relative who lives out of the country who is paying for their charges, can now pay with foreign currency in a very simple process. The transaction will post directly to the student’s account and the funds will deposit directly to UALR’s bank account. The steps below explain the process of paying with a foreign currency:
- Students log in to BOSS (or a relative can log in through the parent portal), select “Student Services,” then “Student Accounts.”
- Select “Pay Now.”
- Choose the “Pay with Foreign Currency” option for payment.
- The student will choose what foreign currency they want to make the payment with. The amount of foreign currency will be calculated to total the U.S. dollars amount so the student knows how much they are paying.
- Once completed, the student (or parent) will print out a certificate to take to Western Union for payment to UALR. Once the transaction is complete, the amount will post to the student’s account.
- The exchange rate will remain in effect for 72 hours. After 72 hours, the student will need to start the process over again.
The pay with foreign currency function helps international students make payments easily with their foreign currency. However, the transfer takes a day or two to post to the student’s account so students should allow enough time before the payment deadline for the payment to process.
Please contact the Bursar’s Office at 501.569.3450 with any questions or if you need assistant with the pay with foreign currency process.