The Qualification Exam is required for all students entering ECON 3355 Quantitative Business Analysis regardless of completion of past statistics courses at UALR or at other institutions. This exam is not for credit; it is a prerequisite to gauge current knowledge necessary for successful completion of ECON 3355, a requirement of the College of Business Core.
Please note: Students are requested to enroll in the Qualification Exam as soon as they complete the prerequisite course ECON 2310 Business Statistics I. Successful completion of the Qualification Exam is NOT required prior to registration for ECON 3355. If a student received a “Prerequisite and Test Score” registration error for ECON 3355, please contact the Economics and Finance Chairperson Dr. Funk at email@example.com.
To access the qualifying exam after you have been notified of your enrollment:
1. Login to your Blackboard.
2. Select the “myOrganizations” tab at the top right.
3. Under “My Organizations” you will find Quantitative Analysis; click the link.
4. In the left navigation menu, click the “Assessments” link.
5. The exam is titled “Qualification Exam for Quantitative Analysis v3.”
Qualification Exam Deadlines:
- Summer 2 (May 22-June 26) First 5 Weeks – Exam due Monday, May 22, 2017 at noon.
- Summer 4 (July 5-August 8) Second 5 Weeks – Exam due Wednesday, July 5, 2017 at noon.
- Fall Regular Session (August 16 – December 12) – Exam due Monday, August 21, 2017 at noon.
ECON 3355 Qualification Exam Guidelines
- Students may take the Qualification Exam as many times as necessary to pass.
- A passing score will be 90 points out of 130 possible, which is approximately 70%.
- Not all questions are equally valued; each of the 14 questions is valued between 5 to 15 points each.
- Students are requested to wait 30 minutes between attempts at taking the Qualification Exam to allow Blackboard time to reset.
- Students will NOT receive a confirmation email when they have successfully passed the Qualification Exam nor is it necessary to send the test score to anyone.
- A passing score expires after one year.
- Students who have not successfully passed the Qualification Exam by the due date will be administratively withdrawn from the course, notified by email of the withdrawal, and will receive a full refund.
- Practice quizzes and valuable resources are available in the “Assessments” section and “Review Material” section of the Blackboard Organization, respectively.
- Statistics tutoring is available through the Office of Campus Life at firstname.lastname@example.org or at Student Support Services at email@example.com.