Welcome to UALR IQ
The Information Quality (IQ) Graduate Program at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock is designed to prepare students to pursue a variety of IQ careers such as Information Quality Manager, Information Quality Analyst, Information Quality Consultant, and Information Quality System Developer, or to pursue doctoral-level graduate studies in preparation for information quality research and instructional roles.
Established in 2006 by the UALR Donaghey College of Engineering and Information Technology (EIT) in collaboration with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology Information Quality (MIT IQ) Program, the UALR Information Quality Graduate Program is dedicated to promoting state of the art curriculum in information quality education, contributing new ideas to the information quality knowledge base, and establishing information quality partnerships with the community, government, and industry.
The UALR Information Quality Graduate Program is offered through the UALR Department of Information Science andÂ is designed to meet the growing demands by government, industry, and non-profit organizations for qualified professionals with graduate-level degrees who can understand and apply:
- Concepts, principles, tools, and models essential in defining, measuring, analyzing, and improving information quality
- Development of information quality strategies, policies, and programs to support an organizationâ€™s operational, tactical, and strategic needs
- Interrelationships between information quality and other key information issues such as data privacy and protection, enterprise architecture, data mining, and data integration processes including identity resolution and customer relationship management
- Information Science theories and practices in the areas of database systems, systems analysis, and information visualization
- A learning environment that promotes critical thinking, communication skills, and project management
Students can choose from three different graduate degree options:
- Graduate Certificate in Information Quality (12 credit hours)
- Master of Science in Information Quality (33 credit hours)
- PhD in Integrated Computing with an Emphasis in Information Quality (75 credit hours)
We hope you find this website helpful in learning more about the Information Quality program options.