The Master of Science in Information Quality (MSIQ) is a 33 credit hour program designed for a professional, who is interested in pursuing a career in the Information Quality field. The MSIQ is a career-oriented program focusing on IQ practice and skills as well as IQ theory. Students can complete the program by either project or thesis option. MSIQ students can proceed at their own pace and can earn their degree in as little 18 months. The MSIQ program also provides an entry into the IQ Track of the Integrated Computing PhD program for students interested in continuing their IQ studies at the doctoral level.
- Instruction by highly qualified doctoral-level faculty with extensive experience in the field
- Convenient evening classes on the UALR campus
- All courses required to complete the program are offered online via live webcast
- Course offerings in both the fall and spring semesters
- Program entrance in either the fall or spring semesters
- Project and paid internship opportunities are available in the summer term
- A limited number of graduate assistantships and scholarships are available for qualified students
- Direct course rollover into the IQ Track of the Integrated Computing PhD program
- Networking opportunities with other career professionals in the program
Our MS in Information Quality program is designed to help students achieve the following outcomes by the time they graduate:
- Graduates will possess the knowledge, skills, and perspective needed to work on the information quality problems facing today’s organizations.
- Graduates will have the professional skills (communication, interpersonal, team, etc.) needed to assume demanding information quality roles in a variety of settings (academia, government, and industry).
- Graduates will possess a solid foundation in Information System Concepts, Visualization, Database Applications, and other topics related to the Information Science field.
- Graduates will demonstrate their ability to think analytically and critically in investigating and developing novel solutions to information quality problems.