Accounting students at UA Little Rock can participate in two accounting-focused student organizations. Beta Alpha Psi is an honors student organization open to students in accounting, finance, and business information systems with a 3.0 or higher GPA in their upper level major courses and a 3.0 overall GPA. The Accounting Society student organization is open to all students interested in accounting.
Beta Alpha Psi
Mondays at 5:30 p.m. via ZOOM.
Beta Alpha Psi Mission Statement
The mission of Beta Alpha Psi, the premier international honor and service organization for financial and business information students and professionals, is to inspire and support excellence by:
- Encouraging the study and practice of accountancy, finance, and information systems;
- Providing opportunities for service, professional development, and interaction among members and financial professionals; and
- Fostering lifelong ethical, social, and public responsibilities.
- CPA Review
- Professional Speakers
- Service projects at Camp Robinson
- Field trips to area firms and businesses
- Meet the Firms
- Trips to regional and national Beta Alpha Psi meetings
- Activities with the State Society of CPA’s or the State Board of CPA’s
The purpose of Beta Alpha Psi is to:
- Recognize outstanding academic achievements in the field of accounting, finance, and information systems;
- Promote the study and practice of professional fields related to these disciplines;
- Provide opportunities for self-development and association among members and practicing financial professionals;
- Encourage a sense of ethical, social, and public responsibilities.
BAP Officers – Fall 2022
- President John Kellar (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Vice President: Yessica Marquez (email@example.com)
- Reporter: Mayra Lopez (candidate) (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Accounting Society Mission Statement
The mission of the UA Little Rock Accounting Society is to promote the study and practice of the various professional specialty fields in accounting, provide opportunities for leadership development and professional growth, and encourage a sense of ethical and social responsibilities.
Accounting Society Student Leaders – Fall 2022
President: Shuang Feng (email@example.com)