Accounting students participate in two student organizations. Beta Alpha Psi is an honors student organization open to students in accounting, finance, and business information systems with a 3.0 or higher GPA in their upper level major courses and a 3.0 overall GPA. The Accounting Society student organization is open to all students interested in accounting.
- Tuesdays at 2:00pm in RBUS 104.
Beta Alpha Psi Mission Statement
The mission of Beta Alpha Psi, the premier international honor and service organization for financial and business information students and professionals, is to inspire and support excellence by:
- Encouraging the study and practice of accountancy, finance, and information systems;
- Providing opportunities for service, professional development, and interaction among members and financial professionals; and
- Fostering lifelong ethical, social, and public responsibilities.
- CPA Review
- Professional Speakers
- Service projects at Camp Robinson
- Field trips to area firms and businesses
- Meet the Firms
- Trips to regional and national Beta Alpha Psi meetings
- Activities with the State Society of CPA’s or the State Board of CPA’s
The purpose of Beta Alpha Psi is to:
- Recognize outstanding academic achievements in the field of accounting, finance, and information systems;
- Promote the study and practice of professional fields related to these disciplines;
- Provide opportunities for self-development and association among members and practicing financial professionals;
- Encourage a sense of ethical, social, and public responsibilities.
BAP Officers – Fall 2019
- President: Jessalyn Jackson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Treasurer: Joseph Griffith (email@example.com)
- VP: Christina Gu (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Reporter: Hitaxi Patel (email@example.com)
- Candidate Coordinator: Jay Patel (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- VP of information (alumni relations): Joseph Griffith (email@example.com)
Accounting Society Mission Statement
The mission of the UALR Accounting Society is to Promote the study and practice of the various professional specialty fields in accounting, Provide opportunities for leadership development and professional growth, and Encourage a sense of ethical and social responsibilities.
Accounting Society Student Leaders – Fall 2019
- President CEO: Daniel Nwachuku (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- VP – COO (activities): Sherlyn Leprozo (email@example.com)
- Secretary CIO: Aleigha Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Treasurer CFO: Joseph Griffith (email@example.com)
- Membership Director CSO: Sherlyn Leprozo (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- COO Public Relations: Aleigha Smith (email@example.com)
- COO Hospitality: Jessalyn Jackson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- COO Alumni Relations: Sean Corrothers (email@example.com)