American Society of Civil Engineers
ASCE is a national organization that represents civil engineers and is the nation’s oldest engineering society. The UA Little Rock student chapter is dedicated to providing students with key opportunities and information for those willing to advance their professionalism. Civil engineering students have the opportunity to join this society of leaders, attend conferences, and compete in competitions. Contact Stuart Scheiderer for more information.
Associated General Contractors of America – AGC
According to the AGC website, they work “to ensure the continued success of the commercial construction industry by advocating for federal, state and local measures that support the industry.” Contact Larry Blackmon for more information.
National Association of Home Builders – NAHB
NAHB is perfect for construction management majors interested in home construction. NAHB “represents the largest network of craftsmen, innovators and problem solvers dedicated to building and enriching communities.” The UA Little Rock chapter participates in educational opportunities from the organization, including the International Builders Show. Contact Professor Jim Carr for more information.
Sigma Lambda Chi Honor Society
Sigma Lambda Chi is the international honor society for construction.
Society of Women Engineers – SWE
The Society of Women Engineers is open to anyone with an interest in advocating for change for women in engineering and technology. The Civil and Construction Engineering Program has many participants in the organization. Visit the national SWE website and contact Anne Turner for more information.
Other Affiliated Organizations
- ACI – American Concrete Institute
- ACEC/A – American Council of Engineering Companies of Arkansas
- AIC – American Institute of Constructors
- ASCE – American Society of Civil Engineers
- ASHRAE – American Society of Heating, Refrigerating, and Air-conditioning Engineers
- ASME – American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- ARMCA – Arkansas Ready Mixed Concrete Association
- ASPE – Arkansas Society of Professional Engineers
- AGC – Associated General Contractors – Arkansas Chapter
- ABC – Associated Builders and Contractor – Arkansas Chapter
- EWB – Engineers Without Borders
- NSBE – National Society of Black Engineers
- NSPE – National Society of Professional Engineers
- Tau Beta Pi