Students in the Department of Construction Management and Civil and Construction Engineering are active in many organizations. Below is information about the student organizations who represent our department.
American Society of Civil Engineers - ASCE
ASCE is a national organization that represents civil engineers and is the nation’s oldest engineering society.
The UA Little Rock student chapter is dedicated to providing students with key opportunities and information for those willing to advance their professionalism. Civil engineering students have the opportunity to join this society of leaders, attend conferences and compete in competitions.
They will be attending the Deep South Virtual Conference April 15-17, 2021.
Associated General Contractors of America - AGC
According to the AGC website, they work “to ensure the continued success of the commercial construction industry by advocating for federal, state and local measures that support the industry.”
Construction Management students flourish in this organization.
National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying - NCEES
“NCEES is a nonprofit organization dedicated to advancing professional licensure for engineers and surveyors,” according to their website.
National Society of Professional Engineers
Sigma Lambda Chi - ΣΛΧ
Students with a GPA of 3.25 or higher that have completed 60 degree hours or more will be invited to join this international honor society for construction leaders. There is usually an induction ceremony each semester, however, the official ceremonies have been postponed due to COVID-19 but should resume in the fall of 2021.
Other Affiliated Organizations
- ACI – American Concrete Institute
- ACEC/A – American Council of Engineering Companies of Arkansas
- AIC – American Institute of Constructors
- ASCE – American Society of Civil Engineers
- ASHRAE – American Society of Heating, Refrigerating, and Air-conditioning Engineers
- ASME – American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- ARMCA – Arkansas Ready Mixed Concrete Association
- ASPE – Arkansas Society of Professional Engineers
- AGC – Associated General Contractors – Arkansas Chapter
- ABC – Associated Builders and Contractor – Arkansas Chapter
- EWB – Engineers Without Borders
- NAHB – National Association of Home Builders
- NSBE – National Society of Black Engineers
- NSPE – National Society of Professional Engineers
- SWE – Society of Women Engineers