This unique degree combines the principles of both civil engineering and construction engineering. This prepares graduates for employment in architecture, engineering, construction, or related fields.
Program graduates must pass the NCEES Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) and Associate Constructor (AC) Certification exams, preparing them to quickly become certified Engineering Interns (EI) and Associate Constructors (AC), making graduates very desirable to employers.
A minor is not required for this degree, however, one may be obtained. Along with passing the FE and AC exams, students seeking the degree must achieve a 2.00 grade point average (GPA) in all required civil and construction engineering courses and complete 800 hours of engineering or construction related work.
Program Educational Objectives
- Rapidly become certified Engineer Interns (EI) and Associate Constructors (AC) employed in architecture, engineering, construction, or related fields or pursuing graduate or professional education in engineering, business, law, architecture, etc.
- Become licensed Professional Engineers (PE) and/or Certified Professional Constructors (CPC) after gaining the required professional experience and the requisite knowledge to pass the licensing and/or certification exams.
- Engage in lifelong learning, through on-the-job training, participation in professional societies, additional formal education, continuing education and professional development, research, and self-study, in order to use state-of-the-art knowledge to design and build safe and effective buildings and infrastructure and/or provide high quality service to the general public, employers, clients, and other professionals.
Read the full list of goals, objectives, and outcomes for the program.
Enrollment and Graduation Data
- Academic Page for Bachelor of Science in Civil and Construction Engineering
- 2020-2021 Catalog – B.S. in Civil and Construction Engineering
- Program Goals, Objectives and Outcomes
- CVCE Eight Semester Plan Effective Fall 2017
- Work Experience Requirement
- Hear from Professor Turner about women in construction in this video starting at 10:40.
- 2015 CVCE Senior Design Project– winner of a National Engineering Award from NCEES