How do I log into my phone?
- From the Locked display on your phone press the ‘Hot Desk’ key
- When prompted to ‘Enter Extension’, key in your 4 digit extension (your on-campus 4 digit telephone number) and press Enter
- Key in your PIN (i.e. Voicemail PIN) and press Enter
- You should now be logged in
How do I dial using the new phone?
- To reach other Mitel phones users dial their 4 digit extension
- To make external calls, dial 9 before entering the phone number (use standard local/long-distance formats)
- Speed dial options: program it once, and then just press a button to dial.
- Call history is another feature to leverage inbound and outbound calls.
Who is managing the university phone system?
IT Services manages the phones on campus and delivers a high level of service coupled with quick turn-around.
How do I access voicemail?
Please reference Telecommunications – Mitel VoIP Training Resources.
How can I retrieve my PIN?
Please contact IT Services for assistance. On this website, you can request PIN assistance by opening a HelpDesk ticket in ServiceNow. Simply click on Category>Service Request> Telephone Request, and enter the required information for your request.
Who do I contact with questions or issues about the VoIP phone system?
Please contact IT Services for assistance. On this website, or by opening a HelpDesk ticket in ServiceNow. Simply click on Category>Service Request> Telephone Request, and enter the required information for your request.
What is the Mitel Phone specification?
The MiVoice 6920 is designed for power users and utilizes a built-in, two-port Gigabit Ethernet switch.
The VoIP phones are powered via the network and utilize Power over Ethernet (PoE).
If the phone was to be unplugged or deemed in need of replacement, the computer can be plugged directly into the jack.
If needed, a phone replacement will be provided.
Is my computer now dependent on the phone?
The standard VoIP installation connects the phone to the same wall jack being used by the computer.
Does the VoIP service include provisions for national and international long distance?
Yes, this is part of the account configuration. Typically, accounts are national only but individual users can have their phone configured to allow for international dialing upon departmental request and approval.
Can I use a headset with the VoIP phones?
IT Services has tested and identified solutions that work with the new systems. Please contact the IT Services assistance center to discuss the right option for you.