When you remove one or more (but not all) courses from your academic schedule you are dropping a course. If you drop after the late registration period you will receive a grade of “W” for the course.
There is a deadline to drop an individual course during the semester. There is also a period of time that you can receive a refund for dropping. Please view the current semester calendar for more details.
When you remove all of the courses from your academic schedule or remove all courses from a specific part of term, then you are withdrawing from the semester. You will receive a grade of “W” for the final course you withdraw from during the late registration period and for all courses you withdraw from after the late registration period has ended.
There is a deadline to withdraw from the semester. There is also a period of time that you can receive a refund for withdrawing. You can find these important dates by viewing the current semester calendar.
How to Drop/Withdraw
Whether you wish to drop a class or withdraw from all your courses you will need to do one of the following:
- Drop your course(s) online. You have until the last day of late registration to drop a course online. To determine this date please refer to the current semester calendar. Please Note: You can drop all but your final course in this manner. In order to drop a course online you will need to:
- Log into your BOSS account
- Read the Important Dates page and click the Click here to continue… link
- Select Student Services from the options given
- Click the Registration link from the menu
- Click the Add/Drop Classes link from the menu
- Select Drop from the drop-down menu next to the course(s) you wish to drop
- Click the Submit Changes button at the bottom of the page
- After the last day of late registration for a specific part of term passes, Students must Drop their course(s) by submitting the Drop/Withdrawal form to the Office of Records and Registration at the Donaldson Student Services Center, Rm 218. You may also fax or mail in your request. In addition if you have a scanner you may scan and send in your request via email at email@example.com as an attachment.
- Fax a signed Drop\Withdrawal form to: 501.569.8168
- Mail a signed Drop\Withdrawal form to:
University of Arkansas at Little Rock
Attn: Records and Registration – SSC 218
2801 South University Avenue
Little Rock, AR 72204-1099
Dropping or withdrawing can impact your financial aid. To determine exactly how it could affect your aid you should contact the Office of Financial Aid.