Use the tool below to enter your grades for classes for each semester and then calculate your anticipated overall GPA. This GPA estimate is only for your studies at UA Little Rock. Your GPA at your previous college does not transfer to UA Little Rock. Any course that you repeat at UA Little Rock will contribute to your UA Little Rock GPA, but will not change the course grade at your previous college.
- To begin, enter your information for each class in one semester. The quality points automatically update.
- Add a row to add a new class.
- When you have added all of your classes for that particular semester, then Add to Overall GPA. Your information for that semester moves to the second table and is saved there, allowing you to return to the first table to enter another semester of classes.
- If you see NaN (not a number) appear in any field, refresh your browser and begin with step one again, being sure to add new rows before submitting.
To calculate your overall GPA with this semester’s grades included:
- Enter only grades from this semester.
- Find your overall transcript GPA hours and Quality Points. These may be obtained from BOSS. Under the Student Services & Financial Aid tab, go to Student Records, then select Academic Transcript, and click Submit. Find the “Transcript Totals” table near the bottom and note the GPA hours and Quality Points.
- In the GPA calculator, Enter the GPA hours and Quality Points from Boss into the line titled, “Enter Custom Transcript Totals:”. It’s right below the Dark field labeled “Overall GPA Calculator”.
- Click the “Add Custom Totals button” to calculate your estimated cumulative UA Little Rock GPA
Or – From your transcript:
- Obtain your transcript from the Records and Registration office. The total GPA hours and Quality Points are on the Total Institution credit line.
- In the GPA calculator, Enter the GPA hours and Quality Points in the line titled, “Enter Custom Transcript Totals:”. It’s right below the Dark field labeled “Overall GPA Calculator”.
- Click the “Add Custom Totals button” to calculate your estimated cumulative UA Little Rock GPA.
Estimating Total Undergraduate GPA.
To compute an estimate of your total undergraduate GPA, you will first need to obtain a copy of your transcript(s) from the other institution(s) you have attended. After you obtain those documents, follow the above Instructions and compute an estimate of your UA Little Rock GPA To get an estimate of your total undergraduate GPA, add the following steps BEFORE exiting the GPA calculator.
- Using your transcript(s) from the other institution(s) you have attended, find the total GPA hours and quality points on that institution’s total(cumulative) GPA line.
- If you have more than one other School transcripts, add together the credit hours and separately, the quality points from each of your other institutions. You will also need to include in these, “other” calculations, the totals gathered from your UA Little Rock studies outlined above under “Instructions”.
- In the GPA calculator, insert the sum of the other schools credit hours and the sum of the other schools Quality points on the line titled, “Enter Custom Transcript Totals:”. It’s right below the Dark field labeled “Overall GPA Calculator”.
- Click the Add Custom Totals Button”.
Your Estimated undergraduate GPA will appear on the Overall Line in the Calculator. Once again, you must keep in mind, the anticipated overall GPA is only an approximate value. To better understand the other factors affecting your G.P.A., Please click the following Link Other GPA Factors.
|Course Title||Credit Hour||Course Grade||Quality Points|
|Overall GPA Calculator||Hours||Quality Points|
|Enter Custom Transcript Totals:|
NOTE: The anticipated overall GPA is only an approximate value. To better understand the other factors affecting your G.P.A., Please click the following Link Other GPA Factors.
The Grade Point Average calculator is only an estimate of your grade point average while you are a student at UA Little Rock. Final GPA for the semester and overall while you are a student at UA Little Rock are displayed in BOSS within 24 hours after grades are due each semester.
To complete an estimate of your total undergraduate GPA, Click the grey content block labeled “+ Estimating Total Undergraduate GPA” and follow the instructions.
Know the Terms
Course Title: This is optional
Credit Hour: Number of Credit Hours – Defined in the Catalog page 261: “This is the standard unit of measurement for university-level work applicable toward a degree.”
This number is the second digit in the Course Number (Course Number is a four digit number).
This number is listed with the course in the Class Schedule.
Credit Hours have been known to be abbreviated to “Credit” or just “Cred”.
Course Grade: The expected/received Letter Grade of the course. Lower or upper case letters are acceptable. Only the grades considered as normal grading mode can be entered: A, B, C, D, or F. It does not recognize an incomplete grade.