Drop/Withdraw a Course

Dropping a Course

Removing one or more (but not all) courses from your academic schedule or specific part of the term is considered dropping a course. All course drops must be completed in BOSS. A grade of “W” will be received after the registration adjustment period has ended.


Removing all courses from your academic schedule or a specific part of the term is considered a withdrawal.  A grade of “W” will be received for the final course from which you withdraw during the late registration/adjustment period and for all courses you withdraw from after the late registration period has ended.

How do I Drop/Withdraw a Course?

Before Classes Start

You must make your request through BOSS. Drop/Withdrawal requests made through email or phone will not be accepted.

During adjustment period (ends last day of late registration)

To determine this date please refer to the current academic calendar.

Note: You can drop all but your final course in this manner. To adjust your schedule you will need to:

  • Log into your BOSS account
  • Select Student Services from the options given
  • Click the Registration link from the menu
  • Click the Add/Drop Classes link from the menu
  • Select Drop from the drop-down menu next to the course(s) you wish to drop
  • Click the Submit Changes button at the bottom of the page

When you have dropped all but your last class you will need to use the Drop/Withdrawal Request to drop your last class.

After Classes Begin

Use this Drop/Withdrawal Request to drop an individual class or withdraw from the semester or part of the term. This form should be used only for the last course withdrawal and individual drops submitted after your respective adjustment period end date. Refer to the academic calendar for more information.

Financial Aid:

Dropping or withdrawing can impact your financial aid. Contact the Office of Financial Aid to determine how it could affect your aid.

Refunds and adjustments:

Please refer to the refund schedule set by the Bursar’s Office for more information.

Course Audit:

(Allows a student to take a class without the benefit of a grade or credit for the course; usually for self-enrichment and academic exploration.)

Requests must be made in BOSS at the time of registration. You will need to change your grade mode in BOSS. This can only be made during the adjustment period. Full tuition is required.