Transfer Students

Transferring credits from your previous institution

UA Little Rock Transfer Equivalency Guide

The University of Arkansas at Little Rock accepts academic work in transfer from any institutionally or regionally accredited institution. Need to check whether your previous institution is accredited? If you are unsure whether your previous institution is accredited, please contact the Office of Transfer Student Services.  Otherwise, to find your school by region, choose from one of these six accreditors in the United States:

State Minimum Core Curriculum

Core and general education courses taken at another publicly supported Arkansas institution may be able to transfer.

As a public, state institution, UA Little Rock participates in the State Minimum Core Curriculum. Students transferring to UA Little Rock from another publicly supported Arkansas college or university should check with their advisor and the Arkansas Course Transfer System to ensure proper transfer of core or general education courses. The Arkansas Course Transfer System (ACTS) contains information about the transferability of courses within Arkansas public colleges and universities. Students are guaranteed the transfer of applicable credits and equitable treatment in the application of credits for admissions and degree requirements. Students may complete specified General Education courses anywhere in the public system as well as many courses in the degree/major that have been pre-identified for transfer.

To determine how your courses may transfer, please refer to the UA Little Rock Transfer Equivalency Guide.

You may also contact our Office of Transfer Student Services for additional information about how your courses may transfer or if you have other related concerns.

Vocational, military, and technical credits

Non-academic work (such as vocational, technical, or military credit) is not automatically transferred.

UA Little Rock does not automatically transfer vocational, military, or technical credits from other universities. If you would like for UA Little Rock to transfer coursework of this nature then you may fill out our Request for Non-Standard Credit Form.

Note: You must have officially declared your major in BOSS before this form can be processed.