On Tuesday, October 15 Chancellor Joel E. Anderson announced the new structure for UALR’s administrative operations in the first of two memos addressing the university’s restructuring process. In a memo issued to the campus, Chancellor Anderson noted the new structure is the result of a lengthy process of discussions and deliberations that have occurred since February related to the restructuring of the Academic Affairs Division and the administrative structure.
The new structure:
- Reduces the number of vice chancellors from seven to four: Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost, Vice Chancellor for Finance and Administration, Vice Chancellor for Advancement; and Vice Chancellor for Enrollment Management;
- Reconfigures the academic colleges and reduces their number from six to five;
- Merges Student Affairs into Academic Affairs;
- Consolidates data management functions into Academic Affairs;
- Gathers a number of outreach units into a new Center for Community Connections under the provost;
- Places Information Technology Services into Finance and Administration; and
- Creates an Advancement Division that includes alumni, development, and communications.
The second memo, which provides the details of the university’s reconfigured Academic Division, will be released on Thursday, October 17.
Please visit the University RestructuringĀ site for more details.