In order for a smooth transition to the new fiscal year, Payroll has implemented deadlines for entry, approval, and correction of segments in TimeClock Plus for the week ending July 2. Special attention should be paid to time entry and approval procedures for Hourly Employees.
Non-Classified and Classified Employees
The Verify Week button will be available on Wednesday, June 28 for the workweek ending July 2. Employees should verify, and managers approve, time sheets no later than 5 p.m., Friday, June 30, especially for those who will be taking leave at the end of June.
The last contract date for faculty is Monday, May 15, which is a part of the workweek ending May 21. To accommodate faculty, the Verify Week button will be available on May 10 for weeks ending May 14 and 21. Therefore, faculty can approve both weeks as early as May 10, but no later than May 15.
Hourly employees will NOT have access to time clocks or the TCP dashboard from June 29 until the day after their FY18 EPAF is applied by Payroll. Until then, employees and managers should be prepared to keep a paper time sheet and abide by the following procedures.
- June 29-30: Managers add time segments in TCP for hourly employees for June 29 and 30, based on what they are scheduled to work.
- June 30, 5 p.m.: Managers submit the employee and manager approvals.
- After EPAF is applied: Managers will add the segments that were kept on a paper time sheet in TCP. Employees and managers should enter time and attendance, verify weeks, and approve time sheets in the normal manner thereafter.
- Corrections for actual time worked on June 29 and 30 should be made using the Timesheet Adjustment Form for Hourly Employees during the first week of July.
EPAFs for Hourly Employees
It is essential that FY18 EPAFs for hourly employees be in Human Resources’ queue by 5 p.m., June 16, to prevent delays in processing payroll and access to the time and attendance system. Payroll will apply all FY18 EPAFs that are in their queue on Monday, July 3. Access to the time and attendance system will be available to hourly employees the following day. Originators are strongly encouraged to follow the progress of EPAF approvals closely, to ensure they are in Payroll’s queue by July 1. EPAFs that are not submitted timely will be processed as quickly as possible, however access to TCP will not be available until the day after Payroll applies them.
- June 16: Final deadline to complete cost/labor redistribution for FY17.
- June 21: Final walk-through for PAFs/EPAFs for FY17.
- June 29: Paper time sheet adjustment forms must be submitted to Payroll by 3 p.m.
Thank you for your assistance in ensuring a smooth transition to FY18. If you have any questions regarding these procedures, please contact the Payroll Office at 501.569.3136 or email@example.com.