Welcome to the Psychology Department! The department is part of the College of Social Sciences and Communication. Currently we are one of the largest majors on campus with more than 600 undergraduate students. We are committed to providing a positive learning experience and preparing undergraduates for professional work and/or further graduate education.
Students receiving a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology will leave the program able to:
- Understand how psychological principles apply to behavioral problems,
- Engage in scientific reasoning and problem solving skills, including effective research methods,
- Understand ethically and socially responsible behaviors for professional and personal settings in a landscape that involves increasing diversity,
- Demonstrate competence in writing, oral, and interpersonal communication skills; and
- Apply psychological content and skills to career goals.
If you are interested in Â Psychology as a Major, a Minor, or as a Post-Baccalaureate, come visit us in our departmental office in Stabler Hall, 602 or call us at (501)569-3171 or you can submit your question/request for more information HERE.