The Department of Psychology is part of the College of Social Sciences and Communication. We are committed to preparing undergraduate students for professional work or further graduate education. Students receiving a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology will leave the program able to:
- Understand how psychological principles apply to behavioral problems
- Engage in scientific reasoning and problem solving skills, including effective research methods
- Understand ethically and socially responsible behaviors for professional and personal settings in a landscape that involves increasing diversity
- Demonstrate competence in writing, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Apply psychological content and skills to career goals
If you are interested in Psychology as a Major or a Minor, visit the department on the 6th floor of Stabler Hall in room 602 or call us at (501) 569-3171.