Scholarship General Information
- Students must submit a program application packet for Summer Laureate University before or at the same time as the scholarship application.
- Scholarships are NOT first come, first served.
- All scholarship applications are due at the Summer Laureate Office in the Mahony Center on May 14, 2018, by 4 pm.
Martha Gaunt Bass Endowed Scholarships
In collaboration with the family of Martha Gaunt Bass and the UA Little Rock Center for Gifted Education, the University of Arkansas at Little Rock Office of Development has established an endowed scholarship. The scholarship is for a child attending Summer Laureate University for Youth.
These scholarships are open to all students eligible for the Summer Laureate program. All applicants must pay the $25 registration fee in order for the scholarship application to be considered. If awarded, the scholarship covers $275 of the program tuition. Scholarships are awarded to applicants who demonstrate financial need.
Martha Gaunt Bass was a leader in Education. Her many accomplishments included:
- A masters degree project that led to the creation of the Summer Laureate program at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock,
- Administrator of Gifted Programs for the Arkansas Department of Education, and
- A member of the Women’s Emergency committee, the political organization that worked to reopen and support Little Rock Public Schools following the 1958 desegregation crisis.