Art majors have the opportunity to live together on campus as part of artWING, our living and learning community. artWING students live and create together in West Hall, which is just 200 yards from the Windgate Center of Art + Design. When you live and work with other art majors, you have the chance to build the groundwork for life-long friendships and future professional contacts.
artWING residents attend on- and off-campus events together, volunteer for campus activities, and participate in special field trips. In 2022, the group of residents created door decorations, painted pumpkins, enjoyed urban sketching in downtown Little Rock with Drawing Professor Robert Bean, and created screenprinting and Mokuhanga printing with Printmaking Professor David Warren.
Each year, the residents take part in the tradition of adding art installations to artWING itself. The spring 2024 art installation will focus on screenprinting.
- artWING residents are eligible for a housing stipend / scholarship to help offset housing costs
- Cost of room includes: All utilities, wifi, cable TV, community gaming systems, and unlimited laundry
- Residents live in West Hall with females and males on first floor of each West Hall tower
- Small floor community with detached bathrooms
- Furnished spacious bedrooms
- Vanity and sink in every room
- Shared hall baths for two
- Kitchen, living room, and dining room in each pod