Fall Deadline: May 1
Spring Deadline: Dec. 1
Application will open Nov. 1 for spring semesters and April 1 for fall semesters.
Each semester, the School of Art and Design awards a limited number of assistantships to art majors to provide financial assistance and involve them in the operation of the department programs through internships.
Art majors with a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 and above are eligible. Other criteria for appointment include activity in the art department, student skills, and department need. The amount of the award is applied directly to the student’s account.
Students awarded assistantships must be sponsored by a faculty member who will supervise their work. The amount of the award is determined, in part, by the number of hours of coursework the student takes. Assistantships will not exceed in-state tuition. The number of hours of a student works will be determined by the amount of the assistantship. The rate of pay will be $15 per hour.
- The department will not make awards to students enrolled for less than six credit hours.
- The hours need not all be art courses but must apply towards degree completion
- Students must be making progress towards graduation.
- Awards are determined prior to each academic semester.
- Application or re-application must take place prior to each semester and in compliance with posted deadline.
All students (new, returning, and incoming students) must complete and submit the application form no later than the posted deadline.
Sorry. This form is no longer available.